Frequently Asked Questions
1. Casual sofas, loveseats, and chairs
2. TV Stands
3. Kitchen / Dinette Sets**
4. Mattresses, box spring sets, & mattress pads (twin, double, or queen) – in very good
5. Bed Frames: Twin, double, or queen (must be disassembled with all hardware bagged and taped to frame)
6. Toddler beds with mattress
7. Dressers (no top shelves or mirrors; bottoms only if applicable)
8. Coffee and end tables**
9. TVs – flat screen, digital ready with remote taped to it – 40” and smaller
10. Small microwave ovens, toasters, irons, vacuum cleaners, radios, clocks, etc. All appliances must be in working condition.
11. Clean linens and bedding: Sheets, bed blankets, comforters, towels, bath rugs (please bag in
sets and label with size— twin, full, or queen)
12. Clean area rugs (6ft.x 9ft. or smaller – rolled, tied and marked with size)
13. Lamps – table and floor lamps
14. Dishes, glasses, pots and pans, flatware, kitchen utensils – no crystal stemware
1. Sectionals, formal or This End Up sofas and chairs
2. Non-flat screen, digital ready TV’s or any TV’s more than 40”
3. Large entertainment centers or wall units
4. Hutches or china cabinets
5. King-sized mattresses/box springs, waterbeds
6. Furniture made from particle board
7. Draperies, curtains, blinds or rods
8. Cribs or other baby care items
9. Wicker of any kind
10. Exercise equipment or luggage
11. Cleaning Items (mops, buckets, products)
12. Hospital beds or power lift chairs
13. Computer hardware
14. Food, hygiene products, or clothes
15. Books, toys, games, etc.
16. Large appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)
17. Housewares requiring installation (faucets, lighting fixtures etc.)
Yes we do but we strongly encourage you to make transportation arrangements if at all possible. FiFM is a 100% volunteer-based organization. Pick-up and delivery times can vary based on the needs of our clients, volunteer availability, and inventory/storage space in our showroom. The wait time for pick-up/delivery is usually 3-6 weeks.
No we do not. Donors: Please disassemble items as necessary and include parts (screws/washers etc.) in clearly labeled baggie. Instructions for assembly are greatly appreciated. Clients: If you receive disassembled furniture and believe there may be missing pieces, please call Evelyn McSorley at 443-519-2464 to resolve.
No. We do our very best to ensure that we have the requested items available for everyone that we schedule. The inventory you see during your visit may already be reserved for another client scheduled to come in. If you see other items you are in need of during your visit, please call 443-519-2464 to schedule a new appointment.