The recipients of our furniture and home goods are often moving into apartments or townhomes that are limited on space. Because of this, we primarily only accept small to medium sized furniture pieces. If you are unsure of whether or not your item will qualify, please call 443-519-2464 and press option 1 to be connected to our Program Director. A photo may be requested to make the best determination.
The IRS requires that all donations we receive are in good or better condition. Please consider whether or not you would pass along potential donation items to your family or friends if they were in need. We regard the families we serve in the same way. We reserve the right to refuse any items that do not meet our guidelines.
- Sofas, loveseats and chairs – less than 20 years old (no rips, tears, visible stains, or smells)
- Kitchen / Dinette Sets-
- Small TV stands
- Mattress, box spring sets, & mattress pads (twin, double, or queen) – (no rips, tears, visible stains, or smells)
- Bed Frames: Twin, double, or queen (must be disassembled with all hardware bagged and taped to frame)
- Toddler beds and crib mattresses
- Dressers, mirrors, end tables, coffee tables
- TVs – digital ready with remote taped to it – 32 inches and smaller (working items only)
- Small microwave ovens, toasters, irons, vacuum cleaners, radios, clocks, etc. (All appliances must be in good working condition, cleaned, and ready for disbursement)
- Clean linens and bedding: Sheets, bed blankets, comforters, towels, bath rugs (Please bag or bundle in sets and label with size)
- Clean area rugs (6ft.x 9ft. or smaller – rolled, tied and marked with size)
- Framed pictures (20’x 30” or smaller only)
- Lamps – table and floor lamps (working only)
- Dishes, glasses, pots and pans, flatware, kitchen utensils – no crystal stemware please
- Bed Pillows and mattress pads (please launder prior to donating)
- Shower curtains, curtain hangers and other bathroom accessories
- Cabinet or Console Televisions or Projection TVs – Large TVs of any kind
- Sofa beds
- Large Entertainment centers or Wall units
- Hutches or China Cabinets
- Televisions without digital capability
- Books, toys, games, etc.
- Clothing, shoes
- Exercise equipment
- Cleaning items (mops, buckets)
- Computer Hardware
- Large Appliances (Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators)
- Draperies, curtains, blinds, or rods
We encourage you to make your own arrangements for delivery if at all possible. If you are able to make a delivery of donated furniture, please contact us here to schedule a drop-off. For pick-ups, please call 443-519-2464 and press 1 to schedule an appointment. We ask for a donation of $10 to $20 for ALL PICK-UPS, in order to defer transportation costs. This donation will be noted on your tax deduction receipt.